21 June 2018

Plagiarized Existence

  Never
The sun owes me light
When my eyes are closed
  Never
I will rot among thirsty weeds
As the shadows wait for leaves
By trees shorter than flowers
Because of bitter pollen
And the words of birdsong
  Never
A blade of grass misses its roots
And curses the ocean for hiding the deep
A lost forget with many found remembers
  Never
Bones of unborn children
Spies of cemetery kings
My heart beats for new worlds
Where everyone belongs
A plant turns to seed
Not the other way around
  Never
So many pockets and nothing else
To hold resistance like a swirl
And drains around a rock
Where a farm should be
  Never
Did I just worry about the storm
Only soon to believe in rumors
Becoming monsters as assumed
When you want ancient aggression
From the empty tomb exhumed
  Never