04 May 2012

Windburn

Windburn 

today i rested w my eyes closed in the autumn sun,
the white light made me cry,
fire burned my face,
energy solace my new sight shaded blue,
when the cold wind came beneath the clouds i couldn't tell if i was crying or dying,
my shadowed soul chilling,
reflection stole the holy light,
by more than darkness nothing is the light,
the breath of future,
lost to endless years of imagination in only a moment,
to sleep w sunset freedom is,
to lie alone is a cold dark wasteland,
in the hedgerows and dead fields,
by the distant forest line where trees hide behind those that sleep,
simply turning restless the windows slid shut,
absent of judgement from abject revolution,
when the chance to find the shade was mistake,
do the clouds come to take away my daydream flight,
as most journeys followers lose,
to be when light makes day a certain hope,
without the callous winds or the biting lies,
i give to you this memory of a day